Current positions available:
Our internal growth mandates that we increase our capacity to install IP network, telephony and digital video systems in primarily hotels and resorts and then provide excellent engineering support for these systems. Ideally the candidate will be a US Special forces trained communications specialist with IP installation and support experience. The position will require extensive travel both throughout the domestic US as well as international.
This is very much a team driven company where each member of the team works closely with the other team members on a daily basis. The candidate should be comfortable as part of a growing enterprise and be able to grow management position as business volume justifies. The position requires excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and administration of LAN networks including gateway servers, remote APs, CAT5 RJ45’s, etc. Full responsibility for qualifying, configuring, managing all systems. Responsible for ensuring that Last Mile Research network delivers extremely high availability while scaling with the needs of the enterprise. Responsible for vendor qualification, management, and testing of new products. Provide some support for the NOC on issues that are beyond their technical abilities as well as supporting other groups in Operations and Sales.
- Minimum of 2 years of network management experience in a Cisco-based enterprise environment
- Understanding of Wireless Networking and RF a huge plus
- Experience with IP addressing , allocation, and management
- Solid skills and knowledge in routing and traffic management protocols (OSPF, BGP, HSRP, Spanning Tree, etc…)
- Strong layer 2 and layer 3 management experience
- Deep overall knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and networks
- Experience in managing WANs (DS1, DS3, OC3, Frame Relay, Internet, and point-to-point) as well as site-to-site and end-user VPNs
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to producing high quality documentation
- Ability to work well with others across many organizations including development, sales, marketing, finance, customer support, and field service
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet all schedules
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Willingness to provide off-hours on-call support and work off-hours as necessary
- We offer competitive compensation plans including salary, bonus, medical and a 401K program